Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is Broad Ripple?
- Broad Ripple is located on the north side of Indianapolis,
about 6 miles north of downtown and just to the east of Meridian Street (the main north-south street).
The business district extends south, north and east of the intersection of College Avenue (700 East),
and Broad Ripple Avenue (6300 North). The maps on the Tour page provide visual identification.
- How do I start the tour?
- If you have your ticket, feel free to start at any home, as listed
on the Tour page. If you purchased tickets online after September 20, please start at home #1.
Drive to pick up your purchases at Will Call.
- How much are tickets?
- Tickets purchased in advance are $12. The day-of-tour tickets are $15 and may be purchased at the following homes to be identified.
- How can I get tickets before the tour?
- Tickets to the 2012 Broad Ripple Historic Home Tour are available at select Marsh Supermarket Stores, as well as online.
- Are the homes handicap-accessible?
- Unfortunately because the homes are privately owned, we cannot guarantee that any of them are accessible.
- Do children need tickets?
- Children under the age of 12 are free, however they must be accompanied by a ticketed adult.
- How are the proceeds from the tour used?
- Proceeds from the tour will benefit the Broad Ripple Village Association, which maintains several Broad Ripple gardens, medians and parks, as well as initiating Village cleanup efforts.
- How can my home be on the tour?
- If you live in the Broad Ripple area, we are continually looking for homeowners to volunteer their homes. Click here if you would like your house to be considered.
- How are the homes selected?
- We strive to include a variety of homes each year in terms of size, style and age. We also try to cluster several homes together within a block or two so that visitors can more easily walk between them.
- Is there a rain date for the tour?
- No, the tour will continue rain or shine. If it does happen to rain, we ask that you please remove your shoes before entering the home.
- Are food and drinks available along the tour route?
- A handful of homes will have beverages and snacks available for purchase. The Village of Broad Ripple also offers a variety of dining options. See www.discoverbroadripplevillage.com and the directory for suggestions.
- How do I volunteer for the tour?
- Click here.
- Who is the Media Contact for the Tour?
- Sue Zilisch: 317-341-3729, firstname.lastname@example.org